This 22 passenger wheelchair accessible bus which was made possible by the Foundation, gives residents, patients and community seniors comfortable and accessible transportation. Driven by volunteers and staff, the bus services 50 residents and 16 community seniors on a weekly basis.
Costs involved in keeping this valuable mode of transportation on the road are high as you can imagine, and as well as being supported by the No Supper Supper event, the bus itself carries sponsorship panels on the side.
For $1000, your large (20” x 6’2”) corporate logo will be displayed on the Birches bus for a year. The Birches bus travels the province. Here is a sampling of the many trips and outings:
- Weekly trips to Halifax-Dartmouth shopping, visiting the Public Gardens, Casino, Buskers’ Festival and lunch in local restaurants;
- Trips to the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park;
- Apple picking in the valley;
- Day-trips to Sherbrooke Village, Peggy’s Cove, Martinique Beach, Clam Harbour Beach and Ross Farm
- Overnight trips to Truro, Cape Breton, and PEI
Your company name would be seen and recognized all over Nova Scotia. To have your company name on the bus, get in touch through the contact page and someone will let you know availability.